When planning a renovation project for your new home in France, the choice of kitchen is often high up the list for homeowners. At Kiwi Construction, we’ve undertaken many kitchen projects over the years, so here are a few tips and considerations to help you get started.
- Layout, space and functionality: the available space will determine a range of factors. Especially if you have a small area to work with, an efficient use of space and practicality is key. Make sure that your preferred kitchen layout enables easy movement between the oven, fridge, sink and preparation areas.
- Style: Traditional French country or provincial kitchens remain popular, with their attention to detail, natural elegance and features such as the ornate carpentry. However, more contemporary styles are increasingly prevalent with their clean lines and quality materials.
- Storage: Think about maximising storage space to keep the kitchen well organised and free of clutter.
- Durability: A kitchen should last for around 15 – 20 years, so it needs to be solidly built with durable countertop materials to stand the test of time.
- Lighting: Depending on the position of the kitchen, try to maximise the amount of natural light (for example windows and skylights) to make your kitchen light and bright. This is crucial for the look and feel as well as safe working.
- Budget: obviously this is a critical factor! You can opt for a modest but homely kitchen – or a luxurious kitchen! Understand your budget constraints at an early stage; this will help guide your choices of appliances and materials.
These are six of our top tips. Kiwi Construction can execute complex kitchen remodelling projects that suit your personal style and preferences. We can assist you in making minor kitchen updates or performing entire remodelling and produce a kitchen you will love. Contact us for further information.
Kiwi Construction delivers professional expertise, exceptional customer service and quality construction to all its’ clients covering the Biarritz, the Pays Basque and Landes departments.
Grant & Joeline Norris
+33 (0) 6 03 18 53 31